It is very frustrating to be working on your system and encounter the Error:521 which could cause various malfunctions in your computer. Error 521is mainly caused by damaged and missing Windows System Files. These errors are often caused by improper maintenance of your system. Multiple programs and background processes share these system files and when you install, uninstall or update programs you can corrupt or remove these shared files. There are chances that you can break interdependent links between them, which results in errors, crashes, program lock-ups as well as hardware failure. If not fixed, this may cause severe computer problems.
What are the Leading Causes of Error 521?
- Incomplete installation of Windows Operating System software
- Corrupt Software Installation
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Windows OS related software change
- Virus or malware infection which could corrupt Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related files
- A program which maliciously deleted Windows Operating System-related files
How do you recognize Error: 521?
When you have this error, you get some common symptoms which include:-
- Program lock-ups
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time
- Installation errors
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Startup and shut down problems
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 521 when running the same program.
- Hardware failure
- “Error 521” appears and crashes the active program window
- “Can’t open Clipboard” is displayed
What are the Various ways you can fix Error: 521?
Here are a few steps you can follow to troubleshoot Error: 521. You can follow them step-by-step and try fixing the error before it causes serious damages to your computer.
Repair Registry Entries which are Associated with Error 521
You should not manually edit the Windows registry to remove any invalid Error 521 keys unless you are PC service professional. You may use a trusted registry cleaner like Winthruster (Developed by Microsoft Gold Certified Partner) to scan and repair for such problems.
Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
Sometimes, your 521 error could be related to a malware infection on your PC. These can damage, corrupt, or even delete Runtime Errors-related files.
Clean out Your System Junk with Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Due to regular usage, your computer accumulates junk files from web surfing and other computer use. If this junk is not cleaned, it can cause Windows Operating System to provide a 521 error, possibly due to file conflicts or an overloaded hard drive.
Update Your PC Device Drivers
Sometimes, 521 errors can be related to corrupt device drivers or those which are out-dated. Updating device drivers may also fix the problem.
Third Party Tools
There are various Runtime Error 521 repair tools online which you can check for reviews and download for errors free PC.
Error: 521 may have numerous other causes and there may be different ways to fix them. We have given you some of the simpler solutions. Follow these steps and you will have an error-free PC.