VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. In Virtual Private Server (VPS), hosting is a virtualized server. A VPS hosting environment imitates the dedicated server within a shared hosting environment. All the VPS in the primary node is sharing the resources the dedicated server resources.
Benefits of VPS Hosting
- Privacy: No sharing of resources like OS with anyone else, there are no other websites on your server that potentially have access to your files. You have access to all your resources.
- Customization: Having your Operating System, this means you have your instances of all server applications like PHP and MySQL. If you need to have any of these services customized, you can make changes to suit the server to your needs. It gives you a high degree of customization.
- Dedicated Resources: VPS Server gives your server own dedicated resources, Dedicated RAM, SSD, which are available to you at any time.
- Control: VPS Server gives you a better degree of control, as technically you share a server with other VPS servers, your VPS server can be restarted, rebooted without affecting anyone else.
Services you can get out with VPS Hosting:
- Super Fast SSD Drives
- Incremental Backups (Weekly/Monthly)
- CDN Integration
- 24/7 Proactive Support
- Premium Bandwidth and Network
- Root Access
- 99.9%-99.5% Uptime Guaranteed
- Free SSL Certificate
Who should opt for VPS Hosting?
Shared hosting is used for basic and generic websites. As your website traffic increase, you’ll usually want to upgrade to another style of hosting environment. VPS Hosting gives more customization and better control over control. VPS Hosting offers scalability and fault tolerance for high availability websites and application.
Hopefully, we’ve cleared up some of your questions in regards to virtual private servers. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away in the comments below.