A virtual private server is a server that is partitioned to have its own operating system, disc space, as well as bandwidth. A physical server that resides in a data center is used for VPS hosting. The server is divided into various spaces that create its own virtual server. Those who have an account on the virtual server see only their virtual environment. They can reboot their server or use it as their own dedicated server. Space is similar to a dedicated server but it is just a part of one physical server. Since it acts as a dedicated server, this solution is useful for sites that may need a dedicated server in the future but not right now. This is known as VPS Hosting. It is a good bridge between shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
Check out the Best VPS Hosting Providers based on Rating
Quick Look on the additional information on VPS Hosting Providers
GoDaddy VPS Hosting
They are known for their VPS hosting services which are fast, scalable and secure. This type of hosting is perfect for rapidly growing web applications. It gives full root access and is highly customizable. You can guarantee availability and reliability. Management through cPanel will also appeal to first-time VPS customers who are making the jump from shared hosting. They also offer administrative root access for installing components, like PHP, proxy servers, and other modules.
- Industry-standard control panel
- Patching, security monitoring, backups
- You’re in charge with root (administrative) access to install PHP, modules, server level proxy, and much more
- Provision-free upgrades
Fozzy VPS Hosting
Fozzy gives you 4 types of VPS hosting.
- Linux VPS
- Pre-set Linux VPS
- Windows VPS
- Forex hosting
Their services are based on the latest technology designed specifically for hosting services. You can try their reliable hosting solutions and boost your project. They guarantee a full refund for the unused period.
Fozzy Unmanaged VPS is affordable, while managed VPS is a little costly. You can customize each plan according to your requirements. With unmanaged VPS you get root access to the server along with the ability to manage it yourself.
- OpenVZ virtualization technology
- Daily backup
- SolusVM Management Platform
- Full refund within 30 days
- Free IPv6
- Basic managed services
Get high-performance VPS hosting at an affordable price. With ovh.com, you get an unbeatable price/performance ratio, SSD drives, OpenStack KVM and a lot more. A VPS is a perfect compromise between any web hosting plan, a dedicated server and a public cloud instance. It lets you manage your web projects in a server environment which you control in complete autonomy.
- OpenStack KVM
- 1 vCore(s)
- From 2 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
BigRock VPS Hosting
You are given full privacy of your server. For those using a shared server, you may face privacy issues. In the case of BigRock VPS hosting, you can keep your private files to yourself. BigRock provides you with customization power to your web server. You have dedicated RAM for your work. You can use your own operating systems and hence use your own server applications. BigRock VPS hosting service provides two types of hosting servers – they are the dedicated one and the Shared one. For huge companies where web traffic is huge, dedicated servers work the best.
- Start, Stop, Restart or Rebuild your VPS from the Server Management Panel
- Full Root Access
- Server security is guaranteed through our advanced DDOS layer
- Cutting – edge infrastructure
- Initial module installation and basic firewall setup
- Assistance with basic server optimization, patching & hardening
ResellerClub VPS Hosting
VPS Hosting is a powerful and dynamic hosting infrastructure combining the qualities of both Shared and Dedicated Hosting. It allows you to manage your server seamlessly with complete root access. Every VPS configuration includes the highly acclaimed ‘enhanced cPanel’ interface. The KVM VPS is built on tried and tested Cloud Technology to offer increased power, flexibility & control. They offer world-class support for issues pertaining to container boot, network, hardware, VPS deployment.
- SSD storage
- Solid State Drives to boost performance
- Easy upgrade
- 24/7 Expert Support for your Servers
- Full Root Access
- Complete Customization to fit your hosting needs
- Quick Provisioning
Inmotion VPS Hosting
With Inmotion VPS hosting, you get high-performance, lightning-fast servers which have increased security and maximum uptime. This will ensure that your business is always connected and powered on. It is driven by Linux SSD VPS hosting servers, and the VPS infrastructure offers free server management, a free cPanel/WHM license, root access, and SSH keys, helping scale your rapidly growing business.
- High-Availability Servers Keep You Online
- Unlocked CPUs Unleash Your Site’s Speed
- Stay Secure With DDoS Attack Protection
- Protect Your Data with Backup Manager
- Go Back In Time with Live-State Snapshots
- FREE SSDs Give You 20X Speed
VPS Hosting Providers Quiz
If you are unable to choose VPS Hosting Providers for your Website, Participate in Quiz and Know which Hosting Better Suits you!
You are a
How much Storage do you need?
Based on these, what's your priority at the moment while choosing VPS Hosting Providers
Average Visitors to Your Site
What are the Advantages of VPS Hosting and How Much Does It Cost?
- Moving from a shared hosting plan into a VPS unlocks a bevvy of advantages. You will be able to configure your environment through full root access and also experience noticeable boosts in performance and stability due to fewer customers sharing the computing resources.
- Many hosting providers are offering managed services at the VPS level so the company’s in-house experts and support staff will handle everything from setups and installation to enhanced security. So you can focus on your company, application, or website.
- Many VPS hosting providers also offer managed services like security patches or operating system updates.
- Due to added value, VPS hosting plans are understandably more expensive than shared hosting. Yet, it is affordable starting at $30 per month — through many give you a discount as well.
Earlier even small businesses ran their own email servers on-site through products such as Microsoft Small Business Server with a simplified version of Microsoft’s Exchange email server as part of the package. Running your own email services may provide more control and customizability. This particularly useful if you have particular business process needs, not too technically sound staff and some cumbersome licensing practices which made on-site email tough for many companies.
Benefits of VPS Hosting
- VPS hosting account is less expensive than a full dedicated hosting.
- Many VPS plans can be customized to meet your needs
- Many VPS hosting plans are easily scalable
- You have a lot more control over your virtual server than you do with shared hosting
- You have the same technical support as with shared hosting for most issues.
FAQs on VPS Hosting
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS Hosting is a cross between shared hosting and a dedicated server. In VPS hosting, though the VPS is created on a shared server, it is contained with its own configuration. Therefore, VPS Hosting gives you greater flexibility and access to the resources compared to shared hosting, making VPS hosting ideal for a growing business or platform.
Why do you need a VPS Server?
Those sites which are going to enjoy a huge amount of traffic can opt for VPS hosting than shared hosting options. It is also a great option if you have a number of websites to host and wish to be able to tweak them to your preferences. A VPS server can scale and boost itself when needed, with burstable memory that kicks in when site traffic increases. You can also get the added benefits of dedicated bandwidth, CPU, disk space as well as RAM. These servers allow you complete flexibility and offer excellent technical support should you need it.
How to secure my VPS Server?
As the VPS is a server in its own right, it tends to have all the security vulnerabilities of any other ‘non-virtual’ server. Hence VPS is no more or less secure than running a dedicated server. VPS hosting providers keep the VPS up to date with software security patches. Besides this, they use firewalls and restrict access which is absolutely needed.
What is Cloud VPS?
Cloud VPS is a service rather than a limited server. A Cloud VPS is not limited so you can easily scale the amount of server processing you need up or down. The Cloud VPS uses several physical servers at once so that when a fault occurs and a server shuts down, the cloud can be transitioned without service interruption seamlessly.
How much can you host from a cloud server?
There are no limits to the number of services, domains or applications that can be run from a VPS server. However, make sure that you allocate enough resources so you can deal with the services you wish to provide.
Who needs VPS Hosting?
VPS hosting is needed for small or medium businesses who need more control, flexibility, and performance compared to shared hosting but without the huge investment required to move to a dedicated server. VPS users typically have professional-level experience or important business needs from their web hosting.
Availability, security, and speed are all critically important to businesses. VPS hosting plans deliver more availability, speed and security automating routine processes and booting up additional servers and computing resources. Even though setting up your VPS infrastructure can be quite a bit intense the automation and added services from VPS make it completely worth it.