Are you looking for a bunch of web hosting services packaged and delivered to you on the fly? Web.com is a rigid web host company that offers simple, reliable and affordable plans along with a go-to website builder. This review page will drive you through the features, plans, pros, and cons of web.com and will help you understand why and how it can be your standard site partner. Let’s begin!
Introduction to web.com
Web.com Group Inc. formerly known as Website Pros Inc. is an America-based web host company founded 20 years ago in 1999. It is headquartered is in Jacksonville, Florida and helps its customers with website domain registration and other web development related services. It is handled by 3500 employees managing over 3.3 million subscribers on the go.
Being a pinnacle in the industry, it offers Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) services more than just domain registrations. Their plethora of web development services contains website hosting, design, management, online advertisement, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) lead generation and so on.
Web com claims to offer their customers a reliable connection with their websites. The services listed above surely indicates that web com stays with their customers right from set up to success. With a minimum hosting plan of $5.95 per month, web com is a revolutionary service provider for small business owners who want their websites having essential content with limited multimedia.
Before going to other plans, let’s take a look at the features that serve to be the pillars for web com.
Power Packed Features
Web.com has all the necessary features covered that other competitors in the market have. Features such as ample disk space for storage, unlimited data transfer, and support from most coding languages. What makes it more interesting is its short timeline to make your webpage live. It literally offers a fast account setup and publishes your webpage live in less than 10 minutes. A few other must know features are:
- With the free domain, comes a free email address. You would have the opportunity to create up to 25 multi-user email inboxes.
- The domain renewal fee is $37 a year, which is slightly higher than others in the market. But there is an alternate solution to it, where the users can rely on the domain privacy feature that comes at only $2 a month.
- Once the website is ready, web com offers the next-step services to market it online driving SEO policies and online marketing strategies.
- Web com is compatible with the popular open source scripts and offers one-click installations for CMSs such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- Web com’s uptime is an average of 99.99% which is an industry standard.
- To secure the web data, it provides automatic backups and website restore functionalities.
Reliable Plans Offered by Web.com
Web com hosting plans comes in three faces – Essential Hosting, Professional Hosting, and Premium Hosting.
Essential Hosting Plan:
It is the most basic plans, and a must need for any business owner. It comes at the cost of $5.95 per month and includes 300 Gb disk space, Unlimited data transfer, 25 FTP Accounts, 100 Multi-user Email inboxes, and free 1-year domain registration.
Professional Hosting Plan:
This one is slightly costlier than the previous one and is recommended for want to embed their website with dynamic content. For a price of $7.95 per month, you get 500 Gb disk space, unlimited data transfer, 50 File Transfer Protocol accounts, 500 multi-user email inboxes, and free 1-year domain registrations.
Premium Hosting Plan:
The costliest plan of Web com’s hosting services. If your business is entitled to manage multiple large, high traffic websites on a single platform, this is it for you. At the cost of $9.95 per month, you get unlimited disk space, unlimited data transfer, unlimited File Transfer Protocol accounts, 1000 multi-user email inboxes, and free 1-year domain registrations
The following image shows what you’ll get when you click on the ‘add to cart’ button embedded below any of the plans.
If you have an already purchased domain, you can still proceed with it and leverage other services of web com.
Online Marketing Tools and Services
As mentioned earlier, web com is more than just web hosting and also excels in digital marketing services such as SEO, Social Media Marketing, etc. their online marketing tools include:
Ignite Online Marketing for promotions on all the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. The best part is the listing on maps that can help you get recognized on GPS devices.
Facebook Boosts to augment the visibility on social media and find the targeted audience. It helps in conversion of leads to potential clients.
Search Engine Optimization for making SEO friendly web pages that are easy to index and find on search engines when searched for relevant keywords.
Pros of Choosing Web.com
- Advanced suite of site-building tools such as the Neo website builder comes at no extra cost.
- One-click WordPress installation.
- Full-fledged customer support with lots of helpful videos on their YouTube channel.
- Great uptime.
Cons of choosing Web.com
- Live chat option seems to be a little off the order. You might want to call them on the phone for a better conversation.
- Lack of dedicated servers and Virtual Private Servers (VPSs).
- A limited version of full WordPress toolset.