A Small Orange is a hosting company which was acquired in 2012 by Endurance International Group (EIG). It is the same conglomerate behind the more popular Bluehost and HostGator company. A Small Orange provides an efficient web hosting tool which is reasonably priced. A Small Orange was founded in 2003 in Atlanta, Georgia with the aim to provide top notch customer service. They also believe in giving back to the community by offering discounts to approved non-profits and charities.
What are the services offered by A Small Orange?
They have hosting services like shared hosting, reseller hosting, cloud VPS and dedicated servers. The company has 4 plans which are affiliated with shared hosting. All these services cater to different types of users and they help identify the one best suited for you.
Why choose A Small Orange for your hosting needs?
- They offer very quick load time and an uptime of 99.98%
- A Small Orange makes it very easy for potential customers to view all services and price plans.
- There’s also a helpful FAQ section and Live Chat is available 24/7 to answer any queries before you purchase.
- They have a transparent business approach with no hidden costs and clauses.
- There’s also a helpful FAQ section at the top of the price plan page and Live Chat is available 24/7 in case you have any queries before you purchase.
- Solid State Drive (SSD) Servers for 15x Performance and unlimited websites on shared hosting
- They include cPanel with all shared plans
- Transparent Business Approach
- They are the first to provide Weebly Cloud to allow simple, easy, drag and drop website building
- 90-Day, Money Back Guarantee
Pricing and Plans
All shared plans come with cPanel, Weebly Website builder, POP3, IMAP, WordPress optimized servers and webmail access.
- The ‘Tiny’ plan is $5.92 per month but is billed annually hence you will pay $71 upfront. It includes 1 website, 500MB of storage, 5GB of bandwidth, and 24/7 customer support.
- The ‘Small’ plan costs $8 per month which includes 5GB storage, 50GB Bandwidth, free .com Domain, unlimited websites, and 24/7 support.
- The ‘Medium’ package is $15 per month with 15GB storage, 150GB Bandwidth, free .com Domain, unlimited websites, and 24/7 support.
- The ‘Large’ plan is $25 per month and includes an additional 30GB storage and 500GB Bandwidth.
Other services have similar plans and are priced around the same range. Keep a watch on their website.
If you change your mind due to any reason after buying shared hosting, reseller, or cloud VPS plan from A Small Orange, you can apply for a refund under its 90-day money-back guarantee. Those who cancel their plan after that point will be refunded for the unused time on a prorated basis.
A Small Orange advertises a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which will provide a 1-day credit for every 45 mins’ unplanned downtime. Those who think they are due a credit, have to submit their claim within 10 days of the end of the month.
Customer service is the most important aspect of a web hosting company and A Small Orange responds in less than 30 seconds through ‘Live Chat’. The overall support is excellent. Some users may not like the fact that they do not offer telephone support through 24/7 live chat and email support.
A Small Orange is a powerful little web hosting provider at affordable prices. The 90-day money back guarantee gives you plenty of time to explore before zeroing in and paying for a plan. Their hosting services are a simple, user-friendly, good support and a great option for all types of users.