Price is the first factor that a buyer looks online when he/she is searching for a web host provider. Many web hosts offer services at an average level price or high price. Web hosts like Go Daddy, HostGator, Blue Host, etc. charge a bit more but in the exchange offer reliable services.
Can there be any such web host that offers services in the cheapest possible rates?
This review talks about WebHostingPad, a company founded in 2005, which is known to offer the best of services in the most inexpensive way. Now, the question comes – “Are the services and plans reliably too?”
Introduction to WebHostingPad
As mentioned WebHostingPad was established in 2005 that markets its products and services to small startups and businesses at an ultra-low cost. In the coming years of their existence, they have grown to add hundreds of servers hosting millions of websites.
Their introductory offers start from as low as $1.99 per month. And guess what’s free? A domain name, 24X7 customer support, free site builders, SSD Database Storage, Unlimited Professional Emails, and 30-day money back guarantee.
Looks attractive, eh? Let’s drill down to the features and plans to know how far their services justify their low-cost mantra.
Features of WebHostingPad
WebHostingPad offers weekly backups and restores options so that your data remains secure and can be retrieved anytime you want.
A free cPanel Control Panel to help the user with an excellent graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of website building.
WebHostingPad guarantees a 99% uptime, but in reality, it is rather low. A 10-month uptime average was calculated by hosting facts shows that WebHostingPad has a low uptime of 96.73%. That number is 2.67% worse than the industry standards. In fact, this is one of the lowest we have seen when compared to other web host providers.
Single click WordPress installation followed by hassle-free integration of unlimited add-ons, web plugins, and sub-domains.
Plans from WebHostingPad
WebHostingPad offers a few programs for shared web hosting, VPS hosting, and WordPress hosting.
Shared Web Hosting Plans
WebHostingPad has two shared web hosting plans – the power plans and the power plan plus.
The earlier starts at a necessary cost of #1.99 per month while the latter costs $4.99 per month. Both the plans provide unlimited hosting space and huge monthly bandwidth followed by unlimited domains, email accounts, and MYSQL databases.
Here too the price of the VPS web hosting is comparatively lower than other companies. To run all the VPS accounts, WebHostingPad has a tie-up with its sister company called VPS Depot. Here WebHostingPad has lined up a series of plans such as Beginners, Pro, Premium, Super, Ultra, Managed.
- The beginner’s plan comes at $29.95 per month and has 20GB disk space, 100 GB per month bandwidth, 1 GB memory, and one dedicated IP.
- The Pro plan comes at $34.95 per month and has 80GB disk space, 250 GB per month bandwidth, 2 GB memory, and two dedicated IPs.
- The Premium plan comes at $49.95 per month and has 160GB disk space, 1TB per month bandwidth, 4 GB memory, and three dedicated IPs.
- The Super plan comes at $59.95 per month and has 200GB disk space, 1.5TB per month bandwidth, 4 GB memory, and three dedicated IPs.
- The Ultra plan comes at $79.95 per month and has 250GB disk space, 2TB per month bandwidth, 6 GB memory, and three dedicated IPs.
- The Managed plan comes at $99.95 per month and has 300GB disk space, 3TB per month bandwidth, 8 GB memory, and three dedicated IPs.
WebHostingPad has three WordPress plans to fit a variety of needs.
- The WP basic plan costs $2.99 per month for a 3-year billing cycle. Users can manage maximum 5 number of websites, but the SSL certificate is not free.
- The WP pro costs $3.99 per month for a 3-year billing cycle. Users can manage maximum 10 number of websites, but the SSL certificate is not free.
- The WP Premium plan costs $5.99 per month for a 3-year billing cycle. Users can manage maximum 25 number of websites with a free SSL certificate.
Pros of Choosing WebHostingPad
- Decent customer support
- Unbelievably cheap plans and services
- Excellent and reliable money back guarantee
- There have been some security enhancements to improve the automated malware scanner and malware quarantine.
Cons of Choosing WebHostingPad
- Very low uptime. Lowe than industry standards
- 46% slower page loading time than competitors web host providers
- Free domain registration comes with a catch. One has to apply a “FreeDomain” coupon to get this offer. But, then after a year, the user has to pay $14.95 for domain renewal.
Should we recommend it to you? No. Not at all. At least when there are other reliable service providers in the market. The uptime and page loading are essential features of any website and WebHostingPad doesn’t offer decent services in this area.